Posted on 14-Apr-22
The team is crucial for Be The Catalyst (Asia)’s effort to build a network and presence. The team is responsible to ensure that Be The Catalyst (Asia) develop, builds and maintains strong and effective partnerships, networking and purposeful relationships that are relevant to Be The Catalyst (Asia)’s objectives.
Director of Business & Development
Reports to: Managing Director
No of position(s): 1
Position Duration: 12 months
Location: Remote Working (Online)
Time commitment: Approximately 6-8 hours per week
As the Director of Business & Development, your assignments will include (but are not
- Understanding Be The Catalyst (Asia)’s partnership needs and opportunities based on the quarterly plan.
- Assisting Be The Catalyst (Asia) team with ongoing partnership initiatives.
- Developing a general funders and other potential partners landscape.
- Generating leads and opening conversations with key contacts.
- Representing Be The Catalyst (Asia) in meetings, events, and collaboration initiatives.
- Creating the proposals and presentations to enable partnership opportunities.
- Following up on conversations and processes.
- Identifying best practices and incorporating new ideas for partnership building.
- Attend monthly research institute meetings as well as department meetings (if required) to report and provide input.
- Creating recommendations for improvement where feasible and appropriate.
- Strong presentation, writing and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate partnership projects and proposals.
- Must possess an ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and work well with others.
- Should be able to organize and prioritize own work with limited supervision.
- A sense of initiative and entrepreneurial spirit is required. Capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders.
- Innovation and strategic thinking are highly valued. Experience in an innovative environment is a plus.
- The ability to work and communicate in English is preferred, ability to work and communicate in Bahasa Malaysia is a plus but not mandatory.
If you are interested in working with us, please complete the online form via the link below.